Bare Metal Service
A bare-metal server is a physical computer server that is used by one consumer, or tenant, only. Each server offered for rental is a distinct physical piece of hardware that is a functional server on its own.
In Awanio Platform Management Console, a hosting provider as administrator can configure bare metal so it is ready to be used by the customers.
You can configure bare metal hardware specifications with pricing plans in Awanio:
- CPU Core
- RAM Capacity: input in MB, displayed in GB
- Storage Capacity: available for multiple disk storage. You can configure different capacity and type for each disk. Disk type:
- Transfer Amount: can be set in TB, also available for unmetered
Pricing can be set per:
- 3 Months
- 6 Months
- 12 Months (Year)
Discount is applicable for 3 months, 6 months and year period of pricing plan.
Awanio uses MAAS as technology stack to manage your bare metal inventory. You can simply do 3 steps in Awanio Management Console to prepare bare metal inventory:
- Input configuration: available to generate multiple inventory in 1 create step with the same specification.
- Register MAC Address
- Commission: this process will take few minutes. The inventory status will be updated automatically to Ready when it is done and it is available to be used by your customers/tenant.
Manage operating system that is available to be deployed to bare metal machine. We are preparing so that you can add your own OS image file to Awanio. Your customer is just have to click the OS option available, and Awanio will take care of the deployment.
You can see each bare metal created by customers, filtered by Organization or Project.