The User is a core entity within Awanio. Use it to store information required to bill for subscriptions.
You can perform these actions on the Users page:
- View all of your users (customers)
- Search users by name, username or email
- Sort list by newest or oldest created date
- Filter your users based on organization
- Create new users
- View & Update users (includes to activate & deactivate)
- Delete/suspend users
Create a user
When you create a new user, you can set their photo, name (full name), username for login, password and email.
To create a user, complete these steps:
- Click Create button on the Users page.
- At a minimum, enter your user’s name, account username, email and password.
- Click Create in the dialog.
An organization is also created with the same name as the user's username in the process of creating a user, and will be the primary organization of that user.
Edit a user
To edit a user’s profile, complete these steps:
- Find the user you want to modify on the Users page, click on the action button, then choose Update.
- In the account information page, make your changes to the user profile (full name, username and active status).
- Click Update user.
Delete/suspend a user
To delete a user, complete these steps:
- Find the user you want to delete on the Users page.
- Click the action button on the right of user’s name followed by Suspend.
- Confirm your action.
User Account Registration
Account registration is also available to be done directly by CMP user with email verification to activate the account.
User registration flow is as follows:
|User fill registration form and submit||An inactive account is created||Input verification code sent to email to activate account||User can login and use Awanio CMP|
Settings for sending verification code emails can be made in the Configuration menu, on the Email tab. You can set some of the properties below according to the email settings on your system.
- smtp_host: SMTP host for sending delivery
- smtp_port: SMTP port for sending email
- smtp_user: SMTP User
- smtp_password: SMTP Password
- wording_en_subject_verification_code: Subject of verification code email
- template_notif_verification_code: HTML template for verification code email body
Single Sign On (SSO) using WHMCS
We provide SSO integrated to your system using WHMCS, so that existing users in your system don't have to re-register. Users are redirected to your login area using a single-use access token.
There are two endpoints for WHMCS integration:
Endpoint to get the credential for WHMCS integration
GET /integration/WHMCS. It will return these properties:
- state: Single use access token generated in Awanio Server.
- whmcs_client_id: client ID for integration.
- whmcs_url: URL of your website, it will be followed by path to verify login session.
- whmcs_client_callback: URL for callback after checking the login session.
Properties of whmcs_client_id, whmcs_url and whmcs_client_callback is configurable in Configuration menu, on the Integration tab.
Endpoint used for log in using 2 properties: code and state,
POST /integration/WHMCS. The code property is generated by your server for user info inquiry.
Learn the integration API here.
We may also provide an account registration link from the Awanio login page to the Registration page on your website. After the registration process is complete on your website, you can return to the Awanio login page to then log in via SSO.
Available properties and uses
This section explains the properties you can store on the User, and the effects of each.
A basic customer profile is useful for invoice generation (full name and email), if the user is the primary admin in the organization that has the resource entered into the bill. In addition to being shown in the application, the invoice is also sent to the user's email.
A newly registered user will have inactive status. Administrator has to activate it via user update feature, or the user itself can enter verification code sent to their email to activate the account. The active user then can log in to Awanio.