Organizational services in Awanio are used to separate the management of access to resources with the Identity and Access Management (IAM) feature.
Users can set access permissions to each feature and resource in CMP Awanio both at the organizational level and at the project level.
If there are users who violate the use of resources or bill payments, then the administrator can do suspension at the organizational level. When an organization is suspended, all resources (bare metals, VMs and kubernetes clusters) will be shut down. The user will not be able to access the resource until the suspension is cancelled by the administrator.
An organization is created automatically when a user record is created (when a user registers for an account, an admin registers a new user, or when the user first logs in to Awanio using SSO). By default, the organization name will be the same as the account name (username). And the new user will be set as an admin role with all access permissions in CMP Awanio.
Users with the admin role can manage access permissions (read, create, update, delete) to resources within an organization.
When a user is created (when a user signs up for an account, an admin creates a user, or when a user first log in to Awanio using SSO), the user will have an organization with the same name as the username, but without project. User can create
You can perform these actions on the Organizations page:
- View all of organizations
- Search organizations by name
- Create new organizations
- View & Update organizations
- Suspend organizations
- Delete organizations
Create an organization
To create an organization, complete these steps:
- Click Create button on the top right of Organizations page.
- At a minimum, enter the organization name. You can upload organization photo and add member too. By default, you will be set as "admin" of the created organization, where you can access permissions for all features. You can also set access permissions for other users who are added as members of the organization.
- Click Create in the dialog to save data.
Edit an organization
To edit an organization, complete these steps:
- Find the organization you want to modify on the Organization page, click on the action button, then choose Edit.
- Make your changes to the data (change photo, add or remove member, make the member to be admin, etc).
- Click Update button.
Delete an organization
To delete an organization, complete these steps:
- Find the Organization you want to delete on the Organizations page.
- Click the action button on the right of organization’s name, then choose Remove.
- Confirm your action.
A Project is an entity inside an organization. An organization can have no, one or more than one projects. Project can only be created fron Awanio Platform. In the Dashboard's Projects page, an administrator can:
- View the list of Projects created by users.
- Search projects by name.
- Filter projects by organizations.
Within an organization, users can add other users as members so that these users can view and manage resources in the same organization.
Members can also be added to Projects. However, users who can be added in the projects are the members of the project's parent organization.
There are 2 levels of members in organizations and projects, namely Admin and Members (regular). When a user creates an organization/project, that user automatically becomes an admin for that organization/project. The admin level can change organization or project related information, and also add/modify members. If you add another user as a member, you can set whether the other user is an admin or just a regular member.